The Difference Between Digital Marketing and SOCIAL MEDIA Marketing
Many people use digital marketing and social media marketing interchangeably. They believe that engaging in different social media platforms is usually digital marketing, but this is just a part of it.
Digital marketing is an umbrella term that encompasses all sorts of marketing activities a brand performs digitally, both online and offline, to market their products. Social media marketing, however, is among the channels of digital media marketing. It involves marketing on social media platforms such as for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
What’s Digital Media Marketing?
Based on the dictionary, marketing may be the action of promoting business’ services or products to create them more visible to the people and drive sales. The addition of the term ‘digital’ to marketing means utilizing digital media channels to market your services or products.
Digital marketing is approximately the implementation of a number of customized digital media marketing channels to attain the following objectives:
- To grow your services or products sales and profits
- Create your brand awareness and create a strong relationship together with your target audience
- Create and add value
- Promote your services or products or brand
- And many more!
Remember that it isn’t essential to include all available digital media marketing channels in your advertising campaign to perform your targets. Digital marketers create a customized digital online marketing strategy that includes the most likely digital marketing channels that fit your business, market, not to mention, your budget.
Using all of the digital marketing channels isn’t a smart decision, nor have the proper impact. The decision of digital media channels depends upon your industry, business, and kind of audience. For this reason, you often have to test, make adjustments, retest, and gauge the outcomes of your digital marketing campaigns to determine which is most effective for your brand or business. Predicated on these results, you can drop those digital marketing channels, which neglect to provide satisfactory growth or ROI.
What exactly is SOCIAL MEDIA?
Social media marketing is taking care of digital marketing. It implies the usage of social media channels such as for example Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Goggle+, Snapchat, etc. to marketing your products, services, or brand. Typically, it involves engagement together with your market, followers, seeking industry influencers, posting fresh and unique content, arranging contests, and adopting a number of other methods to grab the attention of the audience present on different social media channels.
What’s Digital Marketing Tools?
Modern digital marketers need to be active on several forums simultaneously to stay on a single level as their competitors. Whether you need digging through details or data or fine-tune your online marketing strategy, numerous digital marketing tools assist you to conserve your time and maintain your sanity. A few of the digital marketing tools based on the strategy include:
- Email marketing
- Paid social media marketing
- Video hosting tools
- Social media channels
- Website analytics
- Content creation tools
- SEO tools
- Customer service tools
- Affiliate marketing
- Display retargeting
- Organic social media
- Content curation
THINKING ABOUT Include SOCIAL MEDIA in Your Digital ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN?
Today’s world is becoming increasingly social. Research demonstrates internet users spend nearly 30% of their online time on social media platforms. If you want to place your business in front of people and expand your reach globally, social media marketing is crucial for your business.
Most of the businesses and brands experience a quicker response rate from social media marketing campaigns when compared with other forms of digital media marketing. But this is not enough to achieve the set marketing goals. To harness the optimal benefits and achieve maximum ROI, it is necessary for businesses and brands to include other digital marketing components in their digital marketing campaign and not only focus on social media marketing.
Digital Marketing versus Social Media Marketing
After reading the above explanations, it must be clear to you that social media marketing is a part of digital marketing. The comparison of both sides by side gives you the following:
- Digital marketing uses both online and offline digital means to reach out to the prospective audience, while social media marketing is bound to online boundaries.
- Your digital media marketing campaign may use a variety of channels such as mobile advertisements, TV, online advertising, SMS, etc. while social media marketing may focus on one or more than one social media channel such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- The success of your social media marketing campaign depends heavily on your content strategy. It means you have to keep posting fresh and unique content on your social media accounts to interact and engage your target audience. While for digital marketing, you can only use the banner advertisements on different digital platforms like TV, the Internet, or billboards to promote your product, services, or brand.