New data reveals that 79% of digital marketers and advertisers have been using SEO within their online marketing strategy in 2019.
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It has potential for all type of online businesses. It works behind the scenes to bring customers to your stores. What it actually does is to make the visibility of your business website to users of a web search engine.
That’s among the many statistics contained in WordStream’s survey report on the web advertising landscaping in 2019.
It’s important to highlight that one point as it would go to show how valuable SEO is even to people who prioritize paid marketing stations.
When asked how many other marketing stations are used to grow their business in 2019, apart from digital advertising, SEO was the very best choice among respondents.
Content marketing, e-mail marketing, and referral marketing were also among the stations most utilized by digital advertisers.
How many other marketing tools are you using to increase your business in 2019?
WordStream’s survey report reveals as below:
- SEO – 79%
- Email marketing – 66%
- Content marketing – 60%
- Word of mouth marketing – 47%
- Direct mail – 32%
- Event marketing – 26%
- Guerrilla marketing – 9%
- Affinity marketing – 6%
- Telemarketing – 4%
- Other – 1%
Advertisers have a tendency to prioritize paid search over organically grown search with the prospect of immediate revenue.
However, it’s clear that marketers also realize the long-term advantages of buying SEO.
“Like content marketing, SEO is definitely an extremely valuable long-term strategy when done effectively. Kudos to people surveyed for spotting the need for controlling short-term results with a long-term technique for sustainable development!”
Other Outstanding Statistics
Below are a few other key takeaways from WordStream’s report:
- 44% of marketers are spending the same amount on Google search advertisements in 2019 as they did in 2018.
- 46% of advertisers are spending more on Google search ads this year.
- A quarter of advertisers do not use any form of display advertising.
- Nearly a third of advertisers are spending more on Instagram ads this year.
- Half of advertisers do everything in-house.
- The number one challenge for all types of advertisers is time limitations.
- Generating a benefit is by far the most important goal for advertisers.
For more data related to online advertising in 2019, check here.