There’s no doubt that Facebook has a lot to offer your business when used the RIGHT way. The good old days of spending 100s of thousands on offline media is long gone because the attention has shifted. It’s only natural to adapt your marketing tactics with the new age or you will let your business crash. Facebook is still the preferred place for 97% of marketers to run paid ads. After all, Facebook boasts the MOST ENORMOUS USER-BASE of any social network and one of the MOST ENGAGED. In other words, in case you have an audience of any kind, there’s a non-zero chance they’re active on Facebook already.
Having said that, by learning a little bit about how Facebook ads work and getting the right steps, you should be able to make your ad campaigns profitable time and again. Let’s look into “How to set up Facebook ads the right way” to help you get the most out of your investment.
1. Develop A Solid Strategy
Before you even get started looking at the Ads Manager, you need to have a strategy in place.
For each campaign that you’re going to create, you need to ask yourself:
- What products or services is I specifically promoting? (In other words which are my best-selling services or products?)
- Who are my potential customers, age, gender, location, and type?
- What is their pain point, and what objections will they have?
- What is your goal for the campaign? (What perform you intend to obtain with the strategies?)
- Will, you end up being targeting a frosty audience or perhaps a warm market, or simply both?
- Do I’d like leads, brand recognition, site traffic, product sales, or another thing?
2. Select Target Audience
The most important advantage of Facebook ads may be the ad targeting function that enables you to pinpoint specific those who are most likely to get. And just those individuals. For starters, make use of Facebook to generate ad viewers from scratch. Companies can define viewers based on particular parameters, such as for example:
- Location: for instance, local businesses may target their very own metropolitan areas or serve advertisements to close by neighborhoods where clients may be waiting.
- Age group: if your market includes a broad a long time, it is possible to segment your advertisements accordingly instead of having a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Interests: predicated on your customers’ “wants” and Facebook action, the platform may highlight potential prospects.
- Demographics: additional information such as for example education degree or relationship position will help you focus on particular social media marketing personas that resemble your real-life clients.
3. Choose Where To Display Ads
Following, at the ad set level, you’ll be choosing what placements, apps, and devices you want your ad to be shown on. You can select mobile-only, desktop-only, or both desktop and mobile. You’ll also have multiple options on Facebook, a number of on Instagram, and the audience network.
4. Ads Budget
Be realistic, (remember that for your ads to perform well they need to have a solid budget behind it) but start with a lower number, this is because you still need to monitor the results in the beginning and then you can slowly increase as it performs. The golden rule is if it performs and you see good results then put more money behind it, and watch if it performs even better then you keep increasing.
5. Ads Copies
- Don’t neglect entertainment value. Being boring is really a kiss of death for any ad strategy and Facebook is no different. The more entertaining you make your ads, the less they feel like, ads. Whether it’s humor or imagery that catches people’s eyes, strive to avoid static, stuffy campaigns.
If possible, use a movie. You’ve heard it a thousand times, but it bears repeating: video content is totally crushing it right now. Videos are capable of showing off your ads in action, perfect for both increasing recognition and grabbing customers’ interest. Don’t overlook that Facebook provides explicitly encouraged brand names to obtain up to speed with the movie in the wake of these algorithm shifts.
Think about a video advertisement as a sort of small commercial for the brand.
- Believe of a compelling call-to-action. Any kind of engagement is really a plus together with your Facebook advertisements, but eventually, you’re on the search for clicks. To create those clicks take place, you will need a strong call-to-action.
6. Ads Monitoring
After you’ve started your campaigns, keep track of them carefully. Some strategies can start to see boosts in CPC (cost-per-click) following the regularity gets too much, and others may begin out at a considerably increased CPC than you’d expect. Facebook’s Ads Supervisor will highlight the information on all of one’s active campaigns. View the CPC, regularity, relevance ratings, and the number of activities taken particularly properly. These are usually the most important metrics. Also, monitor the results and the sales that change from it. Again, be practical and give it time.
(With so numerous metrics to track and variables to watch, we don’t blame any internet marketer for getting a bit overwhelmed. This is precisely why we encourage newbies to run smaller test promotions to get their ft wet and make modifications before blowing out their budgets.)
Also called “custom audiences,” is a game-changer for your Facebook ad strategy. Simply put, these retargeting ads target users of your target audience who’ve interacted with your business before. Maybe they’re your former or current customers. Perhaps it’s someone who has watched 50% – 95% of your movie or visited your site for a certain amount of time. With the help of tools such as Facebook Pixel, businesses get a sort of “second opportunity” to win over leads who already know who you are.
Facebook Ads has a large number of options to select from, but once you’re familiar with the system, that may work to your advantage instead of your detriment. As long as you have a plan before going in, the strategy creation process will be a lot easier, and you’ll generate much stronger ads consequently. If you’d like some help creating or managing your Facebook Ads promotions, let us know we’d love to help: https://activerify.com/contact-us